Clothing requirements at camp
This page was last updated on Monday 19th of June 2023
We ask that Campers and Volunteers follow all the below points. If a staff member or Key Leader talks to you about your clothing, please listen to them and do what they are asking you to do.
- Anytime we are doing a game or activity, campers and volunteers need to be wearing enclosed shoes. Thongs or sandals should only be worn at the river or at the pool.
- For activities that require harnesses, shorts or pants that cover the skin where the harness sits should be worn.
- Anyone who is going into the pool or river needs to have covered shoulders.
- Weather-appropriate clothing should be worn. Also, consider sun protection when doing activities outdoors.
- Consider the length of clothing for modesty.
- Clothing should have appropriate slogans and imagery.
- With slogans consider if a camper goes home and repeats what they read on your clothing or on another person’s clothing. Would parents and carers be okay with it?
- With imagery, consider whether it is age-appropriate, praiseworthy, or Godly.
- CYC clothing policy is that no one should wear tight-fitting clothes such as active wear.
If you see any campers during camp not following the above points please talk to them about changing what they are wearing. If a camper is a different gender to you can ask either the Camp Director to talk to them or a Cabin Leader who is of the same gender.
Click here to return to the pre-camp volunteers information page.