Basic role structure
This page was last updated on Monday 19th of June 2023
This is a basic outline of all the roles involved in the camp. You can look at the role descriptions for more details, these can be found on the ‘Become a Leader‘ page.
CYC Camps Coordinator
Is a staff member who oversees the CYC Camps for the organisation and reports to the Executive Officer of the site.
- Responsible for all the pre-camp information and paperwork
- Supports and assists the Key Leaders in their roles and jobs
- Responsible for the Monday night training of the volunteers
- Makes sure CYC Policies and Procedures are followed
- Mandatory Reporting Officer for El Shaddai
As staff members are not always on-site the whole duration of camp the Camp Director is placed in charge and reports to the CYC Camps Coordinator. Normally one volunteer will do this role, however sometimes there are two.
- Finds the Cabin Leaders for camp
- Supports the Cabin Leaders at camp
- Handles punishments and consequences – we do this so that all campers receive the same consequences for their actions
- Handles all medications for the camp
Normally one volunteer will do this role, however sometimes there are two. The Program Director handles all of the games and activities for the camp. If you don’t understand where you’re meant to be or what you are meant to be doing – talk to the Program Director. If you think that something on the program is dangerous also talk that over with the Program Director at the appropriate time.
- Plans program and informs everyone what they need to bring to camp
- Runs their program
- Briefs the volunteers on what is happening ahead of time – this will typically occur during the daily leaders meetings
Normally one volunteer will do this role, however sometimes there are two. The Study Leader is responsible for all spiritual matters during camp. If you have any spiritual questions or concerns talk with them – if they do not have an answer they will find it out and get back to you.
- Leads devotion in the daily leaders meeting
- Run the daily studies for the campers
- Assist small groups
Each dorm has two volunteer cabin leaders leading a group of up to eight campers. All Cabin Leaders report to the Camp Director.
- Run small groups after the study sessions
- Know where your campers are at all times
- Include all your campers and build relationships with them
- Join in with all activities you can at camp
Click here to return to the pre-camp volunteers information page.