Things to bring
For each CYC Camp there are some items that you’ll need to bring yourself; some of these are required, while others are optional. Please ensure all items are clearly marked with your name and please note that El Shaddai only holds lost property for a fortnight following the end of a Camp.
You will need to bring:
- Your own bedding – a pillow, sheet, sleeping bag or blanket.
- Clothing – enough for each day of camp plus an extra set
- Shoes – at least one pair of enclosed shoes is required to participate in our activities
- Insect repellent
- Drink bottle
- A hat
- Torch (optional)
- Bible, notepad, and pen for our Study Sessions
- Any current medication – needs to be clearly marked with the camper’s name, when it needs to be taken and the dosage. An easy way to help with this is organizing a Webster pack for the week of camp – this can normally be done at your chemist for no extra cost. Please ensure you have filled in and returned the CYC Camps Medication Form. (required)
- Costume for dress-up night – dress up as anything that relates to the camp theme; the more creative the better! (optional, but highly recommended!)
- It’s a good idea to pack one set of clothes that can be used for messy games that can get dirty or stained.
- Garbage bag for wet/dirty clothes
- Canteen money (optional)
If the camp is happening during Summer you should also consider bringing these things:
- Bathers inc. T-shirt or rashie (to be involved in any swimming campers need to have covered shoulders)
- We also suggest that campers bring water shoes or old shoes that can get wet if we go down to the river.
- Goggles (optional)
If the camp is happening during Winter you should also consider bringing these things:
- Warm clothing – pants, trousers, jumpers, etc.
- Rain jacket (optional)
- Beanies and gloves (optional)
If the camp is happening during Spring you should also consider bringing these things:
- Antihistamines – This time of year can be difficult for those who suffer from hay fever so you may want to consider sending preventatives. Bringing antihistamines is optional however if you do bring them to camp a CYC Camps Medication Form is required.
Thank you for taking the time to read the things that you need to bring.
To head back to the Pre-CYC Youth Camp Information click here.