Standards for a Better Camping Experience
As a Christian campsite, we seek to promote Christian values. The below rules and list of banned items are here to ensure that a high standard is followed at all of our CYC Camps.
Read over the rules that relate to you and if you are sending anyone to a CYC Camp please ensure that they know our rules. Also, read over the banned items to ensure that none of these are brought to camp.
Rules for CYC Camps
We ask that all campers observe the following:
- Boys are not allowed into Girl’s Dorms and Girls are not allowed into Boy’s Dorms.
- We ask people not to go into anyone’s dorm which is not their own, this is to protect people’s personal items.
- There is no smoking allowed on camp or at any activity of the camp. This includes e-cigarettes and vaping. It is illegal for anyone under 18 to buy or possess cigarettes. Anyone below this age is not allowed to have them on camp, and may be sent home if found with them in their possession.
- We do not allow any crude or coarse language at our camps.
- All campers need to follow what the leaders and staff ask of them as all instructions are given to either keep campers safe, or facilitate fun for campers.
- We do not allow any electronic devices at our youth camps. If any electrical devices are brought to camp, they must be handed in shortly after the camper arrives. However, if campers fail to hand these in, they risk having them confiscated by CYC Staff. All items are returned at the end of the camp. These devices include however, they’re not limited to: Mobile Phones, Smart Devices (including smartwatches), Gaming devices, etc.
- All campers are to stay with the Staff and the Volunteers for the duration of the camp.
We’ve banned some items to keep people safe and the campsite tidy.
Below is a list of things that are not allowed to be brought to the camp.
- Illicit Drugs – These include however, they’re not limited to narcotics, stimulants, hallucinogens, etc.
- Cigarettes, E-cigarettes, and Vape Pens.
- Weapons, Knives, and Firearms (this includes toys and replicas).
- There are no Nuts or Nut-products allowed on the campsite grounds to keep those safe with nut allergies, we are a nut-free site.
- Chewing Gum
- Glow Sticks
- Crepe Paper Items – These include however, they’re not limited to: Streamers, Party Poppers, etc.
- Hair Dying products
CYC takes the welfare of its campers, volunteers and, staff seriously. This means that anyone not following the above rules or acting in a dangerous or unsafe way may be sent home and may also have future registrations denied.
If any banned item is found, which could be used to cause harm to the user or others, will be taken away and may not be returned.
We require all medications to be handed in whether it is over the counter, prescription, preventative, or supplement as we do not want anyone other campers to have access to them.
Thank you for taking the time to read over the rules that relate to your camp or camper.
To head back to the Pre-CYC Youth Camp Information click here.